CAGP is a national association that inspires and educates the people involved in strategic charitable gift planning. We advocate for a beneficial tax and legislative environment that strengthens philanthropic giving, create a networking environment with like-minded professionals and experts, and provide access to outstanding learning opportunities and professional development.
A national, nonprofit organization established in 1993, we are the only Canadian professional association that brings together charitable fundraisers and professional advisors. Through a commitment to a stringent Code of Ethics, continual learning and networking, and a willingness to share, our members help each other grow and develop as professionals in their respective fields.
As a national, community-based organization our 19 local Chapters across the country are an essential partner in CAGP’s mission and play a vital role in building relationships and engaging members to strengthen philanthropy and strategic charitable gift planning.
A better world through strategic charitable giving.
To champion the growth and development of strategic charitable gift planning in Canada by:
- Developing knowledge and providing education
- Building awareness and promoting philanthropy
- Creating connections and facilitating partnerships
- Engaging in national dialogues and influencing public policy.
We are collaborative.
- We freely share our expertise and knowledge with others in the charitable gift planning community.
- We look for opportunities to involve specialists who can enhance the value that we provide to donors/clients.
- We participate in local and national events where we network with our fellow members and introduce others to CAGP and the value of membership.
- We partner with other organizations to advocate, with one voice, for strategic charitable giving, and for policies that will contribute to a better world.
We are knowledgeable.
- We are committed to education and lifelong learning.
- We keep abreast of cutting edge ideas and strategies that benefit our donors/clients.
- We go out of our way to educate other members of our community in areas that we know best.
- We take pride in being recognized as the go-to authority on all matters related to strategically planned gifts and bequests.
We are professional.
- We are transparent in all our dealings with our donors/clients and each other.
- We value honesty, fairness, respect for others and doing the right thing.
- We hold each other accountable for our actions and our professional reputation.
We are influential.
- We are tireless advocates for a favourable legislative environment for strategic charitable giving and philanthropy.
- We take every opportunity to increase awareness of the importance of strategic charitable giving.
- We challenge ourselves to find new and innovative ways of serving our donors/clients.
- We inspire each other to find innovative ways of helping clients/donors realize their philanthropic dreams.